Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 19

 
Hi everyone!  I hope you are doing well, and indeed, visiting your journals I have found most of you are.  Though some are down right now, sorta like me, I am in this funk and can't seem to get out of it.  I wish I could figure out what is going on with me.
 
It was just a cool day today with many clouds in the sky with a hint of wetness.  I sound like the weather chick on the evening news.  LOL 
 
My sister is almost done with the chemo treatments.  She has three more to go and I know she will be very happy when they are done.  She is eating very scarcely and she says she has lost about ten pounds.  I worry so much about her.  She has always been so vibrant and athletic, always on the go and mostly with a smile on her face, but right  now, so much down time, not working, staying at home, and the dreaded throwing up.  The only positive thing she tells me is that her hair hasn't or isn't falling out and probably wont since the dosage isn't at the highest amount.  I will be visiting her for a week.  I will be leaving on Saturday morning March 1.  I'm not a big fan of flying these days but I am looking forward to seeing my big sister Carrie.
 
I think I have gone on enough with all of what is or isn't going on in my life at the moment.  I do hope you have a happy tomorrow and as always be sure to keep a smile on your face!   Luv ya!  TTFN
You Are Basil
You are quite popular and loved by most people.
You have a mild temperament, but your style is definitely distinctive.
You are sweet, attractive, and you often smell good.
You Are 24% Spoiled
You're barely spoiled. You may have some nice things, but you never let them go to your head.
You appreciate each gift you're given - and you don't dwell on what you "deserve" to have.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, Continuing to keep your sister in my prayers, have a happy tommorow, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the treatments are nearly over! That is great. I love to fly! Although after 9/11 I will say it sure does feel different.
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Not so crazy about flying, but then I don't have anyplace I need to go that I can't drive to.  I'm glad to hear that you're able to go spend some time with Carrie, and that her treatments are almost over.  It has certainly been a long winter, even for those of you who don't get snow, something about the decreased light.  Hope you shake the funky moods and get back to your perky self.
                                          Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Hoping your days ahead become brighter and things start to look up for you and yours. Take care of you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are in a funk.   I wish I could send you some cheering up!!!   I still love you, that should make you smile.  :)    My love to Carrie when you see her...  I am glad you are going.   luvya john

Anonymous said...

Keeping your sister in my prayers on the smoke hon! I think a visit would do you both some good. It's easier to see with your own eyes how she's faring. I know you've been worried about her.

Now as for what spice I am:
You Are Cilantro  

The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.  

Of course I wouldn't be anything sweet (winks)...need to spice up life a little right? (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You have every right to feel down because of what's happening to your Sis, but you are still being strong for her though.
I say Alison, that pic at the top of your entry's a bit saucy ain't it? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady,
I'm so sorry to see that you're down in the mouth a little. It does happen to the best, and you qualify as that!
You do have a lot going on in your life, and worrying about a sister's health isn't likely to spark a smile at the moment. I hope that good news follows very soon and that things lighten up for you a little too. Luv ya

Anonymous said...

Keeping your sister in my prayers, so glad you are able to go spend a week with her soon....

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I too am in a funk! Im so glad you get to go and see your big sister. That will no doubt boost her spirits and yours too!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya there on the funk...I am so ready for winter to end..like ummm...NOW!!! LOL...that and have been so in pain..today...I have some type of flu or something...I can't even drink my coffee...I need coffee!!! LOL...wishing you a good day...I am off to bed soon...thought I would pop in and say hi cause it has been so long!  Hugs,TerryAnn