Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering

       
I don't have many profound things to say on this day.  This is a day of Remembrance for those souls that lost their lives to attacks seven years ago.  I did not know anyone personally that died that day, but I did share the shock and the horror along with the rest of you.  I had just turned 21 a month or so before this horrible day and very innocent and naive still.
           
Hatred can be a very strong thing, but love will always be victorious over such negative ways of thinking and action.  I just wish this country had remained united like we were in the days following this horrible act.
    
I will never forget watching every second of coverage I could stand to see, flipping from one network to the next to find out if someone had something new to report.  The uncertainty of what would or could happen next kept us all fearful and on guard for quite sometime following.  Every day for months and months we had to be told that we were at an Red, Orange or Yellow state of alert.  Never in my lifetime did I expect to be living in a world where people wanted to kill innocent people in a warped sense of duty. 
        
Israel knew exactly how we felt that day.  They have endured this for over half of a century.  Life is precious.  Life is short.  Life should never be taken for granted.  As we look forward to the future we can never let go of the past or we have learned nothing.  History will repeat itself if we don't stay conscientious of the world around us.
 
Have a happy weekend everyone.  Luv ya!
 
Thanks to Emmi for the wonderful graphic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison,  The things you've said are very profound and true.
                                                                            Hugs,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

You are quite the young lady Allison.  You sure know how to put your feelings into words and say so much.  I'm with Leigh, you are profound.  Take care beautiful.  Love ya lots!

Phil

Anonymous said...

Allison, I'll never forget hon, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tribute dear friend! Peace is the only way to keep this from happening again, it's harder to attain yet how could we not...(Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

great tribute my friend...    we'll never forget
love ya
d

Anonymous said...

We too remembered that fatefull day...... My thoughts were with all who died in that attack. Gaz xxx