Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Sister Update

Hi everyone.  I just wanted to keep you updated on my sister.  I talked to her very briefly today.  She is still in the hospital.  They did however find out what was going on with her and it wasn't a bad case of the flu nor was it food poisoning.  It turns out that she has a blockage in a tube leading to her kidney and they are going to do a procedure to unblock it.  She is very weak right now and not eating, only on an IV.  So hopefully her fever will be acceptable to do the procedure in the morning and maybe he will be home by Sunday or Monday.
 
I don't have anything planned this weekend.  Heather is busy with her studying with her finals coming up this week.  So I may talk to her on the phone but won't be doing anything with her until after and that bums me out a bit.  Rene has been a working fool.  It seems that is all he does.  He is putting in like 60 hours a week.  They are very shorthanded.  It would be nice if he got paid the overtime but when you are on salary you don't get extra,  unless it is a bonus down the line.
 
Anyway, I hope you all have an exceptional weekend.  Thanks to Emmi for the cute penguin igloo tag.  Luv ya!  TTFN

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep your sister in my htoughts and prayers!
I was on IV for a week and a half! NO fun!


~~Make it a Great day~~

Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Allison, your sister is still in my prayers, I sure hope she feels better soon, Wish you lived closer, we could go Christmas shopping this weekend, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am glad they found out what's wrong with your Sis. Rene gets time off for all those hours though right?
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

My hopes to Carrie for a speedy recovery.   I am so sorry she is having so much trouble, and I do hope they get this solved this time.   Have a good weekend yourself, you will have lots of time to go Christmas shopping for me!!!!   LOL    J

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Carrie.  I do hope all will go well and that she will be feeling well soon.  Have a good weekend.  Love you!

Phil

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers will continue for your sister. Hope your weekend is being good to you ~ Take care and enjoy,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I hope Carrie is doing ok today.  Please let me no Allison.  Love ya!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Im so glad they finally figured out what was wrong!  So many hospitals would have sent her on her way with some pepto bismal... at least the hospital in AZ would.  I hope the procedure goes well and your sister can come home soon.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Scary about your sister. I hope she gets better soon & is home for Christmas. hugs, Emmi