Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
You know the drill. Please Cut and Paste.
Don't be a Scrooge!!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate unless that Egg nog is spiked LOL
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has always wrapped my presents, or maybe the elves did it for him. Santa has always been good to me.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
My preference is colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
OfCourse!!! How else do you suppose I get kissed!! LOL
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Usually Thanksgiving weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Probably a nice honeybaked ham.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Getting up early and running to the tree then running to the bedroom to get mommy and daddy up!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
This comes as a shock to me! You mean, Santa just came out of the closet. Well that explains a lot! That is why he is so jolly all the time!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. We do our Christmas opening on Christmas eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Very carefully! Lights, ornaments, tinsel.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
This So Cal chick doesn't know what I white Christmas is, nor a wet one for that matter.
12. Can you ice skate?
I've tried but I'm not really that good at it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift was having my Grandpa in my life and seeing him. He is gone now and there still is avoid there.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with the people you love and celebrating the joy of the season.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Cookies, all sorts of different kinds from macaroons to chocolate chip.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to midnight service at church to celebrate the birth of Christ at the stroke of midnight.
17. What tops your tree?
Most the time it is an angel but we change up once in a while and put a star on top.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I am a giver by nature. I do love receiving as well.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
What Child is This?
20. Candy Canes?
Not a huge fan of eating them but they look nice as decorations on the tree.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or Is it still magical for you?
Christmas is what you make of it. If you allow commercialism to take over than the spirit can be lost. Just stay with your traditions, enjoy your family and friends, be happy and positive and the season should make you smile a lot.
I got the nicest compliment from the sister of a friend and I thought I'd share it with you. It is simple but sweet. "God my sister is so smart she told me just the other day that talking to you is like a big friendly hug, she's so right, it is." That is all I have ever wanted to be reckognized as, a sweet caring person that is happy to be there for people. Thank you so much Kacey and Deb!
Carrie Underwood (Click to go to her official website)
My name is Allison, no duh huh, I am sure you figured that out already.
LOL I'm 28 years old, and I live in California. I enjoy being here in what I call Bloggerville. It was sad to see AOL Journals leave but I think this place is better suited for our wonderful community. I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to visiting your blogs as well. If I haven't been by lately please let me know. Have a happy day everyday. Luv ya!